Physical Therapist with patient

Does My Employer Have To Pay For Physiological or Physical Therapy If I Am Injured At Work?

Being injured at work can be frightening. You are probably worried about your job, your health, and your family. How will you pay your bills if you cannot return to work? What happens if you can return to work without receiving some form of therapy? Who pays for your therapy? Our Boca Raton workers’ compensation lawyers can answer your questions and provide support after a workplace injury.

Physiological and Physical Therapy in a Boca Raton Workers’ Compensation Case

If you cannot return to work because you need therapy, your employer or its workers’ compensation carrier is responsible for paying for your therapy. If your employer or its insurance carrier is refusing to pay for therapy your doctor has ordered, you need to contact a Boca Raton workers’ compensation attorney immediately. If you are injured while on the job, you are entitled to receive medical care, including therapy, for your injuries.

What Types of Therapy Are Common A Workers’ Compensation Claim?

There are two main types of therapy that we see in workers’ compensation cases.

    • Vocational Therapy – Vocational therapy focuses on your emotional and psychological state following a workplace accident. In most cases, an injured worker recovers from his or her physical injuries and is able to return to work without vocational therapy. However, some workers may need to seek therapy if they have been mentally impaired by their workplace injury.
    • Rehabilitative Therapy – Rehabilitative therapy is more common than vocational therapy in workers’ compensation claims. This type of therapy is physical therapy intended to help you regain strength and/or mobility following an injury. After a workplace injury, you may have difficulty returning to “normal” due to your injury. Physical therapy helps you regain functionality. In some cases, injured workers may never return to full functionality even with physical therapy. If this is the case, you may be entitled to further compensation for your permanent disability. It is crucial that you consult with a workers’ compensation attorney to determine what type and amount of compensation you may be eligible to receive for your permanent disability.

Contact a Boca Raton Workers’ Compensation Law Firm

The law does not require that you have an attorney to file a Florida workers’ compensation claim. However, the workers’ compensation laws in Florida can be complex and difficult to understand. Furthermore, you must adhere to strict deadlines and filing requirements in order to receive benefits from your employer and/or its workers’ compensation carrier. It is usually beneficial to have someone who understands workers’ compensation laws to represent you when filing a WC claim.

If you have been injured on the job, The Broderick Law Firm, P.L. can help. Our experienced Boca Raton WC attorneys have extensive experience representing injured workers in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale & Miami, FL.

Contact our office today to schedule your free consultation. Call our toll free number 1-800-333-3903 or 561-483-3360 to speak with a representative and to schedule a free consultation.