Being injured in an accident can be very stressful, especially if you are out of work and unable to earn an income. In addition to struggling to recovery from physical injuries, you must deal with the emotional stress and financial hardship of being out of work. To add to the stress, you have an insurance adjuster for the other person harassing you for information, statements, releases, and other items that you are just not sure if you should provide. What should you do?
The first step after seeking medical treatment for your injuries is to contact a Boca Raton accident attorney for help. Your attorney can take the stress of dealing with an insurance adjuster off your shoulders so you can focus on what is really important — your recovery and your family. Call The Broderick Law Firm, P.L. at 1-800-333-3903 to schedule a free consultation with a Boca Raton accident attorney.
Tips For Dealing With An Insurance Company
If you are unable to consult with an attorney immediately after an accident, the following insurance do’s and don’ts can help you avoid mistakes that can hurt your accident claim.
When Dealing With An Insurance Company
- Don’t provide any written or recorded statements to the insurance company for the other party before meeting with your attorney.
- Don’t sign any releases that give up your rights.
- Don’t sign any medical authorizations or medical release forms for the insurance company for the other party.
- Don’t allow the insurance adjuster to convince you that you do not need an attorney. The insurance adjuster works for the insurance company – he does not represent your best interest.
- Don’t post on social media about your accident or your recovery. Refrain from posting on social media until your case is settled.
- Don’t go back to work until your doctor releases you to return to work.
On The Other Hand
- Do take photographs of your injuries to document your injuries and your recovery.
- Do keep track of every expense related to the accident. Keep all receipts, invoices, and bills.
- Do keep a journal for your attorney detailing your daily pain level, how your injuries impact your life, and any other information relevant to your case.
- Do follow your doctor’s instructions so the insurance company cannot claim your injury is worse because you did not follow your treatment plan.
- Do consult your attorney before doing anything that could impact your case, such as change doctors.
Call A Boca Raton Accident Attorney For Help
If you are injured in an accident, your first priority is your health. However, you need an attorney on your side to protect your rights as soon as possible. Our law firm offers free case evaluations and free legal consultations to accident victims and their families throughout West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale & Miami, FL.
Contact The Broderick Law Firm, P.L. at 1-800-333-3903 to schedule your appointment with a Boca Raton accident attorney. Don’t let an innocent mistake damage your accident claim.